- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 98/Me; NT 4.0; 2000/XP; Vista/7; 2008 (32/64 bit)
- RAD: Borland Delphi 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 or BDS 2005/2006 or Borland C++ Builder 5.0/6.0; CodeGear Delphi/C++Builder 2007; Embarcadero RAD 2009/2010/XE/XE2/XE3
- Audio Hardware: most demos require sound card and optional microphone compatible with installed version of Microsoft Windows. Some may require full-duplex mode (simultaneous recording and playback) to be supported by hardware and audio drivers.
Most microphones and sound cards that are currently being shipped meet this requirement.
Enter your registration information correctly, exactly as it was supplied to you. Your name and serial number are NOT case-sensitive.
Installing a VCL components package
From the Delphi/BDS or C++ Builder IDE open the vc2.dpk (vc2cb50.bpk for C++ Builder 5.0; vc2cb60.bpk for C++ Builder 6.0 or vc2cb07.cbproj for C++Builder 2007 and later) package.
Press "Install" button to compile and install the VCL components into your components palette.
In some cases Delphi IDE may not be able to perform this action correctly. Here is how you can install the package if IDE fails to do so:
- start Delphi, close all projects;
- open vc2.dpk package;
- press Compile;
- confirm changes to package (Delphi suggests to add required packages);
- exit Delphi, confirming changes saving;
- from the command prompt start the DCC32.EXE compiler to build vc2.dpk:
> dcc32 /b vc2.dpk
- start Delphi, close all projects, and install VC2 package (vc2.bpl) from Components \ Install Packages... menu;
- now you are ready to compile our demos or build own project with VC 2.5 components.
As with any other third-party sources you may have to add the full path to VC components installation "\common\" folder to the Search Path in the Project Options dialog.